Tuesday, December 13, 2011

House Stuff

The house is coming along. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Here's what we have left to do:

  • Finish installing wood flooring
  • Finishing painting trip (living, dining, kitchen, hallway), doors (French doors, laundry room door, and front door) and window trim (21 windows in all, some big, some small)
  • Tear old siding off of garage
  • Hang new siding and paint it (this will definitely be something we tackle AFTER we move in)
  • The tile in the master bath needs to be finished (we hired someone else to do this, thank goodness) Should be all done by Christmas
  • Get the bathroom vanities and entertainment center cabinets installed. This is going to be after Christmas. We're having 3 bathroom cabinets built and painted and an entire wall of cabinets, uppers and lowers, built and painted. From what I hear, they're all built, just not painted. And our cabinet makers close the entire week of Christmas. Goody, goody gumdrops. Oh well. The final product is going to be amazing!
  • Get concrete flooring installed in powder room along with a matching counter top.
  • Install closet systems - this is really only a big deal for the master closet because it's HUGE and it's going to be a pretty intricate little built in system.
Here's some pictures of the progress (cell phone ones, so bear with me on the quality!):

This is when the drywall was being installed. It was so exciting to not see bare studs anymore!

Texture, paint AND light switches!!!

My wonderful husband installing the toilet in the upstairs bathroom.

Carpet went in this last weekend. It looks amazing.

Matt began installing our laminate. We're having this type of flooring in the laundry room (as seen above), kitchen, dining room, living room, and hallway. I am in LOVE with it : )

So.....I'm kind of done trying to estimate when we will move back in. I think I've finally convinced Matt that it's better to wait until the inside is completely done - with the exception of window trim and the powder room. Basically, I want to be able to stand at a bathroom vanity and brush my teeth, do my hair and makeup, wash my face, etc. I would also like to hang my clothes in the master closet and sleep in the master bedroom. Is that too much to ask? I'm optimistic that we will be able to move back in between Christmas and New Year's....

No comments: