Sunday, October 23, 2011

House Update

A lot has happened with the house since the last time I did an update.

The framing has been finished!! We're hoping to button up the rest of the wiring and electrical to request a frame inspection early next week. The plumbing is also complete. Exterior paint is done, as well as the brick work and siding (with the exception of the garage). The roof was tackled just before a big rainstorm rolled through! Our AC units are in place on the very top of the roof.


This is the loft. What you're looking at will someday be a window seat. And I'm going to put funky cool pillows and art everywhere.

Our shower got hot mopped the other day. I didn't know what that meant until Matt told me that it had to happen to make our shower waterproof. This is because I want a river rock shower floor.

Our fire place. It was my idea to have it a few feet off the ground, and build the hearth out from the front. Matt didn't want to do it that way, but I made him. And now he loves it. I told him it's just another example of why I'm always right.

Shots of our French doors in the living room. Matt only wanted to do the one on the right. I insisted on having two. Again, he relented and now he's glad. Lindsey - 227, Matt - 8.

Three itty bitty windows on the other living room wall. The piano will sit underneath them. Sometimes I worry how they'll look if there ever comes a day that we don't have the piano. But then I tell myself if I think that far ahead, this house will never be done. So then I go back to deciding what shade of teal the upstairs bathroom should be.

The brick work on the front of the house. The "pop out" is where the stair case is. I love the pop out. And I love that our brick mason suggested trimming the window with black brick. He's the man.

This is the "in progress" shot of when the back of the house was being sided. Note that first, the sheeting had to be covered with Tyvek wrap.

Here's the finished siding. Tyvek was no where to be found when all was said and done.

As much as I wanted to have a baby poop yellow house, Matt just wasn't about it. So, we decided to paint it the same color that the house was before. We like gray. A lot.

At some point, we realized that it's October, and it's going to rain. So we needed a roof pronto. It was done in two days. And it began raining as the roofers pulled out of the driveway.

What's left to do?????
Finish the wiring and electrical
Install master bath tub
Insulation
Dry wall
Tape and texture dry wall
Paint interior
Install flooring
Install bath vanities
Install cabinets around fire place

We're hoping to be living there by Thanksgiving. Amen.




No comments: