Saturday, September 24, 2011

A 30 by 30 Update


It's been a while since I've updated this little list, so I thought I would do so now. Here's the status (complete items are in green, in progress items are in blue and not done items are in purple):

1. Run a half marathon - I completed the Nike Women's Half Marathon on 10/17/10. I hope to run the same half marathon this year.

2. Begin (and hopefully finish) nursing school - I've been moving up the wait list for our local Junior College program FAST. It's looking like I may be able to start the 2 year program this January. If not January, then for sure August of 2012. This means that pending I don't drop out, I will finish before my 30th birthday : )
3. Visit New Orleans again - putting this on my list may have been a little ambitious. I'm hopeful that this trip might take place the summer after I graduate from nursing school, meaning that I will still be 29.

4. Go backpacking at Five Lakes Basin - maybe next summer.
5. Grow a garden - see #4. Do you think a topsy turvey tomato plant counts????

6. Become a wake boarder - to do this, I must wakeboard. Updates to come.

7. Hike Bishops Peak - hoping to cross this off the next time we go to SLO.

8. Bake something from scratch - I seriously can't believe I haven't done this yet.

9. Organize all of my photos and place into albums - I'm hoping to do this when we unpack all of our belongings that are currently in storage due to the house remodel.

10. De-clutter and simplify my home - I consider this in progress because we had to clear out 90% of our homes contents. Whilst doing so, I got rid of a lot of stuff. When we move back in, I plan to do another round of clean out and declutter.

11. Take a California road trip - I should probably decide WHERE in California I want to go, as this would be something good to cross off next Spring or Summer : )

12. Learn yoga and meditation - In progress. I've learned some meditation, and I love it. Still trying to get my butt to a yoga class!

13. Go wine tasting - finally went last January to Amador County with my girls and LOVED it!!

14. See a Broadway show

15. Compile a cookbook of all of my favorite recipes - I took the easy way out with this one a started a recipe blog. Soooo, I guess it will never really be complete since I'm always adding stuff. However, I met my goal of compiling all the recipes I enjoy, so there.

16. Learn to drive and launch our boat

17. Have one day of shopping where I buy whatever I want - I'm hoping I can do this once I'm a nurse.

18. Visit Las Vegas - this ALMOST happened last May, but then we decided to save the money to put toward the house project. Someday....

19. Treat my Mom to a spa day - again, once I'm a nurse. Maybe this will happen on the same day as the shopping : )

20. Play a round of golf with my husband  - I've done this a few times now. It's fun to be out in the sunshine doing something different and active with Matt!

21. Eat rattlesnake

22. Learn to barbecue - I now do the majority of the grilling. I've mastered, veggies (mushrooms, peppers, asparagus, squash), fish, tri tip and chicken. One last thing is pork!

23. Open a retirement fund

24. Get reacquainted with the piano

25. Landscape our backyard - I've thought about this A LOT since starting the house project. Once that's done, I'm sure this will be the next thing we tackle.

26. Go to an amusement park with my husband - honestly? I was at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk with him at the beginning of May. I feel like this kind of counts, but at the same time it doesn't because we didn't go on any rides and that's the whole reason that I want to go to an amusement park with him.

27. Learn to make my own green cleaning solutions - in progress. I have the recipes, now I just need to take the final plunge and actually make and use them. Would help if I had a house to clean.

28. Ride a trail on my bike - completed in Tahoe last summer.

29. Find a skin care regimen - love me some Mary Kay because I'm hip like that!

30. Reinvent my wardrobe - in progress. One factor of this is funds. I do feel like I'm dressing more like a 26 year old and less like a 19 year old. That is a good thing.


Okay, 7 out of 30 isn't terrible. Plus, an additional 5 are in progress so that's 12 that I've at least started!! I'll take it : )


No comments: